Custom Spiral Staircases – Aluminum, Powdercoated and Galvanized
For the past 20 years, Mitchell Iron Works has lead the way manufacturing and installing spiral staircases of all kinds in southern New Jersey. Spiral stairs come in all types to fit any application. Indoor or outdoor, one story or two. Aluminum or Steel. We can fabricate a stairway to fits your needs.
- All aluminum construction with aluminum handrail.
- Heavy 12 gauge diamond plate aluminum treads and landing each welded to a 3-1/2″ diameter center pole.
- 10″ x 1/4″ thick round metal base plate with pre-drilled holes for bolting to floor.
- Treads and landing are pre-drilled to receive hardwood covering or underlayment for carpeting if needed
- For Kits spirals, railing spindles have an adjustable cup shape fitting to receive the handrail.
- All steel components are primed black.
- Spiral Kits fit into a square well opening 2″ larger than the stair diameter. Round opening option is available.
- Standard Kits are furnished with 11, 12, or 13 risers to fit floor-to-floor heights from 8’0″ to 10’3-1/2″. Non-standard Kits can be ordered for other heights.
- Kits available in 3’6″, 4’0″, 4’6″, 5’0″, 5’6″, 6’0″, 6’6″, and 7’0″ diameters and BOCA / UBC conforming models.
- Same stair may be installed either right or left hand up.
- Kits also install easily against a balcony or deck.